Hummer H1 Wheels

Hummer H1 and Military Humvee topics
lennybondi
hummer_info: 2001 Hummer H1

Hummer H1 Wheels

Post by lennybondi » Sat 16 Apr , 2011 7:54 pm

Does anyone know if the two piece 17 inch Hutchinson outer piece of the rim off of a 2001 Hummer H1 are compatible with the outside part of the two piece 06 Alpha rim. In other words can I fit the Alpha outer piece of the rim onto the inside part of my 2001 rim when I remove my outer piece of the rim....Thanks for any help or knowledge anyone may have to help me out on this.....I called Am General and the person I talked to had no idea and didn't seem to care to give me the time of day. I will try again to also get hold of Hutchinson to see if they can give me any info. on this, I was unable to talk to anybody, but a machine when i called them several times.....Thanks Lenny...

JustinOK
hummer_info: 1998 TD HMC4

Re: Hummer H1 Wheels

Post by JustinOK » Sun 17 Apr , 2011 7:48 am

The 17" two piece aluminum wheel that Hutchinson offered for the H1 was first offered in 2002. If you have them on your 2001 then they were added that way by a previous owner.

As far as I know switching the pre-2006 pieces of a Hutchinson 17" two piece aluminum wheel with the 2006 pieces of a Hutchinson 17" two piece aluminum wheel you should be fine. I believe there was a change in 2004 for the wheels, but it was just the studs. Those twenty studs that hold the halves together. They made every 5th one longer on the 2004-2006 versions in order to make reassembly a tad easier.
1998 TD HMC4 w/ 91K miles

Updated Block, HummerDan's Hardcore Skid & Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator PCM; mech wastegate; Cepek Adj Shocks.
ScanGauge II.
Stanadyne Performance Formula

lennybondi
hummer_info: 2001 Hummer H1

Post by lennybondi » Sun 17 Apr , 2011 10:59 am

Thank you Justin for your time in responding to my question, that helped me out and better informed me about the wheels, I think I got my question answered, I thought the 06 wheels were different because of the studs, but you're right I think the reason every fifth is shorter is to assemble them easier. thanks again....

JustinOK
hummer_info: 1998 TD HMC4

Post by JustinOK » Sun 17 Apr , 2011 2:47 pm

lennybondi wrote:Thank you Justin for your time in responding to my question, that helped me out and better informed me about the wheels, I think I got my question answered, I thought the 06 wheels were different because of the studs, but you're right I think the reason every fifth is shorter is to assemble them easier. thanks again....
Cool not a problem. I have a set of the 17" two piece aluminum wheels as well. They were takeoffs from a 2004.

When I got them, I broke them down, removed the runflats, installed a beadlock only insert, and also had the wheels powder coated gloss black (except the center caps).

It's a workout, but they can be serviced in your own driveway! Let me know if you need help figuring out a way to get them balanced. I know a few tips that should allow you to take them to any normal shop.
1998 TD HMC4 w/ 91K miles

Updated Block, HummerDan's Hardcore Skid & Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator PCM; mech wastegate; Cepek Adj Shocks.
ScanGauge II.
Stanadyne Performance Formula

SaintAnger
hummer_info: 2000 H1

Post by SaintAnger » Sat 27 Jun , 2015 2:59 pm

Chris Bowman recommended Trail Worthy Fab PVC Run Flat Inserts to me for my 12 bolt HMMWV wheels. Can anyone approve this product or speak to the brand?

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Mon 29 Jun , 2015 10:14 am

I do not know the good or bad.
I found this site:
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/H1-Hummer-Wheel-Run-Flats
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

SaintAnger
hummer_info: 2000 H1

Post by SaintAnger » Wed 01 Jul , 2015 7:08 pm

h1sp wrote:I do not know the good or bad.
I found this site:
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/H1-Hummer-Wheel-Run-Flats
Cool, thank you!