Rhino Lining Roof of Wagon

Hummer H1 and Military Humvee topics
Matthew
hummer_info: 1997.5 Wagon

Rhino Lining Roof of Wagon

Post by Matthew » Mon 10 Sep , 2012 7:37 am

Hey Community,

I am thinking about Rhino Lining the roof to my 1997.5 wagon. I have a roof rack on it, and some of the clear coat is starting to flake in places, and it is a pain to take off the roof rack every time I wax her. Figured this would we a good way to relieve my anxiety of the roof rusting.

Has anyone rhino lined the top of their wagon?
Recommendations of what kind of shop to take it to?
Price?
Does doing this effect resale value?
Anything else I may be forgetting/problems with doing this?

Thanks.
Matt

rickcrebbin
hummer_info: 1998 HMCS

Re: Rhino Lining Roof of Wagon

Post by rickcrebbin » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Matt:

Rhino's a rough finish so it will always be dull and attract dirt. I agree that our roofs are not easy to keep and badly designed. The way I clean mine is to unbolt the roof rack and slide it one way until it's almost falling off, clean the side of the roof that's exposed and then reverse the process. As I write, my rack is completely off because the truck was stuck outside for a couple of years and the roof got really bad.

If my roof was as bad as yours, I'd take it to a shop and get it fixed professionally; if it's only the roof then it's relatively easy for a pro. Are your sides bubbling at the steel/ally joint?
Rick Crebbin
98 HMCS all factory options, 16.5" Cepeks, TrXus MTs, 9' AMG (Toth) ally roof rack, IbisTek rear wheel carrier, bigger bush bar, PIAA fog/driving lamps, Toth storage racks.

Matthew
hummer_info: 1997.5 Wagon

Re: Rhino Lining Roof of Wagon

Post by Matthew » Fri 14 Sep , 2012 12:16 pm

The only thing going on now with the roof is the bubbling of the clear coat in multiple spots. I wanted to do it more as a preventative maintenance thing. Thanks for the tip on how you clean yours with a rack. Last time I took it off to wax the roof it took me three buds and a case of beer.