Trying to find pictures of my hummer

Hummer H1 and Military Humvee topics
Brian

Trying to find pictures of my hummer

Post by Brian » Sat 15 Dec , 2012 10:43 pm

Back in 07 I bought a hummer. A 1996 wagon. I know I posted pictures on this forum. Do to a unimaginable circumstance, I lost a great deal of all my pictures. Chuck, is there any chance you have any of the pictures I posted of my truck seen in the avatar archived? If there is any way you can get them for me, I'd be forever in your debt. Thanks Chuck.
In the perfect world, all men would drive H1's and all women would drive Volkswagen Beatles.... Man Law!

Brian Sandwith
1996 Wagon
6.5 TD

chuck
Site Admin
hummer_info: 1998 H1

Re: Trying to find pictures of my hummer

Post by chuck » Sun 16 Dec , 2012 11:11 am

nothing was ever archived so your posts should still be here although many pictures got corrupted. The forum was under constant attack at the end of Sept and part of October of this year. I had to rebuild the forum a couple of times from scratch to get rid of the virus that was corrupting the forum. One problem that came up was the pictures. This forum software stores the images in files without the jpg suffixes. The problem occurred when I backed up and downloaded the images. The ftp software transferred these files as ascii text because it didn't recognize the files as images (ie jpg suffix) which are binary files. Many of the images got corrupted.
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store

chuck
Site Admin
hummer_info: 1998 H1

Re: Trying to find pictures of my hummer

Post by chuck » Wed 02 Jan , 2013 9:32 pm

You might try looking again. I found an older backup and restored what I think were all the pictures.
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store