Oxidation on body

Hummer H1 and Military Humvee topics
94redklzese

Oxidation on body

Post by 94redklzese » Tue 26 Feb , 2013 6:06 pm

What is the best was to stop oxidization of the body my most major problem spot is in the rear door frames right under the steel door striker, I have a little hole right under the rubber moulding and its actuall releasing a honey type liquid. It actually sweats on some days. What is the best way to slow down or stop the corrosion process before it gets worse. I plan to paint the entire truck in a year and I don't want these holes that are the size of a peanut get any bigger. At first it appeared as a paint bubble and I poked it with a screwdriver only to find out that the screw driver dug out a 3/8 deep peanut size hole into the body. There is a lot of paint bubbling all over the truck so I figure I should start thinking on how I should fix this before it gets worse. I also want to know if those holes would be easily repaired when I do decide to paint the truck, and I don't mean just filling them with body filler, is there any other method used without replacing the entire panel.
1994 ford probe klze
99 TD wagon
2006 gsxr 600

chuck
Site Admin
hummer_info: 1998 H1

Re: Oxidation on body

Post by chuck » Wed 27 Feb , 2013 7:46 am

Read through this article:
http://flashoffroad.com/features/paint_truck/paint.htm

Nothing you can do other than body work. You have to scrape everything around it to clean metal, if it's aluminum shoot it with etching primer and fix it.
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store