Schofield Pass Update

Post information here about Trips, Trails and Techniques
chuck
Site Admin
hummer_info: 1998 H1

Schofield Pass Update

Postby chuck » Fri 06 Jul , 2012 7:37 am

http://flashoffroad.com/Articles/schofi ... _pass.html
I just updated my Schofield Pass article. One of my readers from Glenwood Springs CO was out there last month (June 2012) and said the trail in a dangerous place has deteriorated.

Read where you and a fellow Ted drove Schofield Pass in a Hummer in 2006! I 've driven over it many times including once with snow on the road with a CJ5. Personally, the days of going over Schofield are over unless you have an ATV or on foot and possibly on a mountain bike! Last Saturday I went down to the bridge and turned around. Going to that point there were a couple sections that had small washouts causing me to cross them uphill thus tilting my vehicle hoping the passenger side tires weren't on unstable rock!
The road has not been maintained and the tracks you would drive on are filled with loose rocks more than likely dispersed by ATVs spinning their wheels. The Bridge was covered in loose rocks also.

Years ago I went over Schofield shortly after that tragic accident with the Suburban with twelve people and later found out about a jeep with a family in it going over also. I sincerely hope you will update your website with the warning as the time you drove the Hummer is no more
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store

Return to “4 Wheeling”