Note: This Board-wide Policy is essentially the same as the phpBB forum.
This is a public forum where posts and uploaded material may be used for articles on http://www.flashoffroad.com website. By posting to the forum you give Flashoffroad copyright permission to use any material posted to the forum.
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://www.flashoffroad.com. Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive and agreed by team and group members.
I support this board and website by selling products. No vendor is allowed to advertise or promote their products in any way without my permission. That includes signatures, website links, posts and privately contacting members.
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned.
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
7. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
8. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Getting and error code p120", "New alternate part number", etc.
9. Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
10. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes promoting products, offering services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. New product announcements are allowed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
11. Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, or list any vulnerabilities in this board or in the phpBB software before first notifying the list owner.
12. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
13. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
1. Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
2. Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of two unique pages or sites. Flash Off-road Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support. Such links may only be to flashoffroad.com or approved material. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support, software, etc. for Flash off-road. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
4. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
1. Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 80 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in file size and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges
Linking off site
1. Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render support for a particular issue in response to a support request. Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated to Flash Off-Road or where linked material is not relevant to a given support request.
2. General linking (within posts) to other sites is generally not permitted. Exceptions may be made where links are being offered in a "support context" for non-Hummer related questions. Acceptable support contexts may include (but are not limited to): Unacceptable support contexts include requests for hosting providers, questions and discussion of alternative forums and so forth.
1. Flash Off-Road does not provide a general forum or other solution for users to promote their sites or products. Consistent with Rules 1j, 5b and 5d users may not promote their sites or products through their own posts. Such posting constitutes spam and may lead to a warning. Users or other persons wishing to advertise at http://www.flashoffroad.com should contact the list owner.
1. Flash Off-Road operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the list owner. Their decision is final. Contacting group members over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... group members do not want to be bothered unless vital.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Flash Off-Road may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
Read First Before Posting Anywhere!
1 post • Page 1 of 1