1997.5 soft top with 40K / taking offers

A place for private parties (no dealers) to sell Hummer Stuff. Best of all IT's FREE
wfo_180

1997.5 soft top with 40K / taking offers

Post by wfo_180 » Thu 08 May , 2008 12:15 am

First off I am not thrilled that I may need to sell one of my toys but a divorce on the horizon may force me to. This H1 took me almost two years to find, I was fortunate enough to obtain it from a widowed wife… her husband that owned it had several large car dealerships and never titled the H1, just left dealer tags on it, very nice.

I picked it up in fall of 2004 with 19K (40K is present mileage).

Quick details;
Green with tan soft top, interior is in perfect condition (other than typical cracks around power window/lock switches) exterior has scratches on it from off road use, great sound system with new 6.25 component audiobahn speakers front and rear, 12” audiobahn sub, two separate amps one for the mids and tweeters and one for the sub, DVD, separate head unit for the DVD, recently replaced the door locks on the driver side the passenger ones are fine, windows lightly tinted in bronze, HVAC system was sent to Cool Heat, Inc for all of the updates and the heavier heater core, hella triple air horns, new style headlights, SSDiesel Supply FSD Heat-Sync kit, 37x12.50x16.5 Unicure "Adventurer" tires, on black powder coated rims, warn winch with mod, all power options work and AC and Heat work great, I do have all of the books, winch controller, both key fobs for the factory alarm and dealer brochures from that year, also I have receipts and service records.

Oil changed every 3K, grease fittings revisited every 1500 miles, alignment and all four CV boots just replaced as well as rear brake pads.

let me know

thanks
Last edited by wfo_180 on Thu 16 Oct , 2008 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
1997.5 soft top / polo green & tan / all options minus leather / not my daily driver

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

FunnerHummer

Post by FunnerHummer » Thu 08 May , 2008 1:00 am

That's too bad about your situation. Maybe the truck is cursed and every owner gets divorced. :shock: Just kidding!

I think it's worth about $30k since wagons are going for about $35 that year model. The mileage is insignificant to me, because it hasn't yet passed the mileage barrier where the #8 cylinder issue often occurs, so it may be low mileage but a ticking time bomb as well. This may affect valuation.

Sell it to a friend for $15k or less and agree to buy it back from him for the same price when everything is over. Or is that illegal?
Keith
Latter Day American - a dieing breed
97.5 HMCS
Hard Core Skid Guards
2WD
2" Lift
Cepek Adjustable Shocks
SMA2 Brushguard
Rhino Lift
HID head lamps & OffRoad lights
ScanGaugeII
Desert COOL KIT
Head Cooling Kit
Centuri Pre-Cleaner
M101

wfo_180

Post by wfo_180 » Thu 08 May , 2008 6:28 am

FunnerHummer I love the way you are thinking ;)

actually we are on good terms not like most divorces but things have just come to an end for us...

She told me to keep the truck, the NSX my crew cab all of my bikes and chopper ;)

but with what she is walking out of the divorce with on the cash side I will be looking at selling the H1 in the next 12 months to bridge that gap on the financial side. FYI I bought her out of the house as well...
1997.5 soft top / polo green & tan / all options minus leather / not my daily driver

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Thu 08 May , 2008 7:09 am

Your right ... I hate this one .... "Sorry about it all"

Terrible deal all the way around....

bout the worst year to sell a H1 "ever"

1. Split everything down the middle.
2. Do quick sales, so you can get this over and your life back on track.
3. If you have children, submerge them in Your Time & Love (make eye to eye contact)
4. Plenty of H1's on the streets to buy another day.... its a TOY.
5. Stay away from the party's, bars and negative people.
(A high number of DWI's are good people going thru a divorce) ... "no drinking"
6. Take some night classes at the local college (learn a different trade, get to meet people that are focused on the future and income)
7. Hit the Gym 3 times per week ... "Rebuild your temple"
8. Chin up, chest out, shoulders back.

This is "see ya later" .... NOT "good buy forever"

"Rock On"
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

JohnnySizzle

Post by JohnnySizzle » Thu 08 May , 2008 1:57 pm

Your H1 is a highly sought after year and appears to be well kept. Even though fuel prices are completely through the roof (and climbing) I still think that you should be able to sell it for a fairly high price. In my opinion, I would put it on Ebay! Start the auction around $32k with a reserve around $37k and a "buy it now" around $40k-42k (depending on how quickly you want it sold).

I know others on here may think Im a little crazy... but being the year it is and the over all condition... Im betting that it will sell. Bidding on Ebay is highly addictive especially if you find something that you just have to have... Trust me, I know! I even purchased my black wagon through there... because it was something I REALLY wanted and in my mind at that time there was no way I was letting that one get by me. lol.

Its too bad I still have my white 1997 wagon. If I didnt, I would be throwing you offers right now. I really want an open top!

(oh, I would definitely change out that cv boot before listing it)
1997 Black Turbo Diesel Wagon- SOLD
1997 White Turbo Diesel Wagon w/ 240hp 6.5L
Peninsular Diesel engine with numerous mods

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Thu 08 May , 2008 2:01 pm

JohnnySizzle wrote:Your H1 is a highly sought after year and appears to be well kept. Even though fuel prices are completely through the roof (and climbing) I still think that you should be able to sell it for a fairly high price. In my opinion, I would put it on Ebay! Start the auction around $32k with a reserve around $37k and a "buy it now" around $40k-42k (depending on how quickly you want it sold).

I know others on here may think Im a little crazy... but being the year it is and the over all condition... Im betting that it will sell. Bidding on Ebay is highly addictive especially if you find something that you just have to have... Trust me, I know! I even purchased my black wagon through there... because it was something I REALLY wanted and in my mind at that time there was no way I was letting that one get by me. lol.

Its too bad I still have my white 1997 wagon. If I didnt, I would be throwing you offers right now. I really want an open top!

(oh, I would definitely change out that cv boot before listing it)
X2

they dont make em any more...
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

rickcrebbin
hummer_info: 1998 HMCS

Post by rickcrebbin » Thu 08 May , 2008 3:12 pm

A recent post made me think a little more about this subject not that my H is for sale!

If I were to sell it, I would target affluent, young and busy people.

There are too many money-woes in the US at present and it really is a buyers market when it comes to H1s.

Alberta is still booming oil-wise and there are a lot of young people out in the oil patch with way too much money. You may want to consider running an add in a Calgary/Edmonton classifieds; Craigslist or papers. Ask for $10k more than you think you would get compared to EBay prices and see if someone bites.
Rick Crebbin
98 HMCS all factory options, 16.5" Cepeks, TrXus MTs, 9' AMG (Toth) ally roof rack, IbisTek rear wheel carrier, bigger bush bar, PIAA fog/driving lamps, Toth storage racks.

Citabria7GCBC

Post by Citabria7GCBC » Thu 08 May , 2008 11:58 pm

Post pictures
99 Black HMCO-sold 2013
00 silver HMCO- purchased 2015

wfo_180

will post some better pictures soon

Post by wfo_180 » Fri 09 May , 2008 1:45 pm

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 09 May , 2008 3:12 pm

wfo_180

What rim are you sittin on???
Why do your tires stick out so much????

"I love that look"

That would be the open top to have .... we know you have been takin the best of care of it.

SWEEEET
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

wfo_180

Post by wfo_180 » Fri 09 May , 2008 7:11 pm

not sure we tried to figure that out in this forum... http://flashoffroad.com/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

but they have been great and no rubbing issues

some quick info on them
see link for pictures of marking on back of rim.
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/ ... re_issues/

these are the markings I found on the rims;

Made In USA

Max Load 3700 lbs

580 165x975

DOT T (just under the DOT is AEWC)

60 psi MAX

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

wfo_180

Post by wfo_180 » Fri 09 May , 2008 7:28 pm

my truck feels so much more planted in turns (not that it is a street perf machine) over my friends H1 who is running the steel rims I used to have.

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

wfo_180

although not a Hummer I am selling my custom as well

Post by wfo_180 » Sun 11 May , 2008 3:59 pm

Custom For Sale EFX 250 Drop Seat - $18495

2006 EFX Choppers 250 Drop Seat, bike is at http://www.biohazardouscustoms.com
The bike is painted in PPG Liquid Aluminum paint with no flames or tribal design. I have left it plan for the next owner to do as they feel fits their personality. As you know it is all about having something on the street that no one else has. The driver seat and passenger seat were covered in a black ostrich print, the details of the material is incredible. This bike has less than 1200 miles and the oil has been changed three times in accordance to RevTech® break in procedure.

Here are some quick details on the bike;
o The frame has a 2” stretch in the backbone and 0” in the neck, with 40 degrees in the rake and with additional 5 degrees in the triple trees
o The triple trees are a really nice clean looking 1.5” thick polished aluminum
o Fork legs are stock length all billet and chrome plated
o Handlebars are 1.25” chrome plated with 6” of pull back
o Gas tank holds 4.1 gallons and has a pop up gas filler with a pengel petcock
o 21x3.25 front rim mated to a 120/70-21 Avon venom tire,
o 18x8.5 rear rim mated to a 250/40-18 Avon venom tire
o BDL goods - three inch open primary, forward controls, hand controls, drive belt (all BDL)
o SMT billet ignition and motor mount
o Motion Pro cables; throttle and clutch cable
o Custom black Russell brake lines and fittings
o Billet Intake (with extra screens)
o Billet brake calipers front and rear
o Billet stainless rotors / chrome plated
o Yausa high capacity battery (always kept on a battery tender)
o RevTech® 100" 4"x4" (1638 cc of American torque), all RevTech engines include a 3 year 36000 mile warranty and this motor is also mated to a fully polished/chrome 6 speed RevTech transmission with the same warranty.
o Autolite Spark Plugs, RevTech Digital Multi-Spark Ignition, Mikuni HSR42 Smoothbore Carburetor, RevTech Hi-Flow Air Cleaner Assembly, Chrome Lifter Blocks and Pushrod Covers, High-Volume Oil Pump with Chrome Cover, Custom 'Smooth' Chrome Rocker Box Covers, Chrome Filter Housing and RevTech Oil Filter, Chrome Gear Cover with Laser-Etched Point Cover,

This custom has already gone through MD inspection with the state police in Glen Burnie and I have the title in hand.

see link for pictures>>>
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/ ... OR%20SALE/

located in Severn MD
Last edited by wfo_180 on Tue 01 Jul , 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

wfo_180

Post by wfo_180 » Thu 29 May , 2008 7:36 pm

I will clean her up and get some good pictures for you guys, wow I will miss the H1.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/ ... 20general/

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

wfo_180

Post by wfo_180 » Sat 31 May , 2008 7:02 am

Just a quick bath and she looks better already

I need to detail the H1 (including a couple of tree scraps on the clear coat to be touched up), my friend aligned it today and I will replace the CV boot and rear pads as well. Thanks guys

all pics

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/ ... 20general/

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)