My 98 wagon and a Personnel carrier...

This is a place to post photos and descriptions of your truck.
fusioncruiser

My 98 wagon and a Personnel carrier...

Post by fusioncruiser » Wed 04 Mar , 2009 10:00 pm

Just a couple of pics I took last summer. Quality isn't great as they where taken with my iPhone.
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg

fusioncruiser

Re: My 98 wagon and a Personnel carrier...

Post by fusioncruiser » Wed 04 Mar , 2009 10:03 pm

And a couple more...
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
Shawn

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Thu 05 Mar , 2009 8:53 pm

Hmmm, the H1 almost looks larger than that carrier...

Your rig looks Great, what size tires do you have 17's??
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

fusioncruiser

Post by fusioncruiser » Thu 05 Mar , 2009 9:35 pm

h1sp wrote:Hmmm, the H1 almost looks larger than that carrier...

Thanks! :)

Yup, 17"

We were trying to see if the tires would fit in the tracks left by this type of tracked vehicle as I had heard that "share a trail" logic was part of the AMG design. I still don't know if it really was designed that way but I could definitely fit in the same track as it. :) I thought that was kinda cool.

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 06 Mar , 2009 7:45 am

fusioncruiser wrote:
h1sp wrote:Hmmm, the H1 almost looks larger than that carrier...

Thanks! :)

Yup, 17"

We were trying to see if the tires would fit in the tracks left by this type of tracked vehicle as I had heard that "share a trail" logic was part of the AMG design. I still don't know if it really was designed that way but I could definitely fit in the same track as it. :) I thought that was kinda cool.
dont think thats true, only because the H1 doesnt need to follow anything, It can go it alone.

However, the built to follow tanks are all over the place as FACT.

read on:

The Hummer become well known to most people during the Gulf War where it proved to be a highly reliable and dependable machine.

With a 16" ground clearance when fully loaded, and full time four wheel drive powered by a 170 hp diesel engine (and now some 190 hp Turbos too) the Hummer can maneuver through almost anything.

It was designed to follow in the tracks ... the field.

Now a days, that being in the year 2005 and beyond, you can see Hummers on almost any MTV cribs show or even driving down the street in your neighborhood.

They are large and charge and very eye catching and I have to admit that when I was looking for a new vehicle, I did look at Hummers.

Hey if the truth be told, I really didn't care what color it was, I just wanted one.

I drooled over'em for about four months and although I didn't end up getting one (filling the tank would have broke me) I still drool over'em and hey ya neva know, one of these days..... I just might have one of these babies sittin' in ma driveway.

http://www.fastgasremotecontrolcars.com ... story.html

The Humvee or H1 Hummer is a large vehicle – too large for normal circumstances. As it was originally designed to follow in tank tracks, it’s extremely wide, won’t fit into many car park buildings, is too wide for supermarket carparks and too wide for the narrow tracks in New Zealand

http://www.nz4wd.co.nz/afa.asp?idWebPag ... =841700289

Everyone wants one
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

fusioncruiser

Post by fusioncruiser » Fri 06 Mar , 2009 7:58 am

Cool... So it is true. Now I need................ An M1 Abrams tank! ;) That would really pump up the ice fishing! 8)

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 06 Mar , 2009 8:39 am

don't know if its true, but I know they both have Ground Clearance of 19 inches and they do hang out together 8)
Attachments
ph0009001r.jpg
ph0009001r.jpg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

fusioncruiser

Post by fusioncruiser » Fri 06 Mar , 2009 10:46 pm

h1sp wrote:don't know if its true, but I know they both have Ground Clearance of 19 inches and they do hang out together 8)
Very Cool! :)