h1sp asked

This is a place to post photos and descriptions of your truck.
Karl

Post by Karl » Thu 01 May , 2008 9:25 pm

It does get looks, different than the Hummer. It catches the eye more often than the H1 for its unique shape. The H1 seems to impress more though and get attention from a different set of people.

Drives nice, yet the suspension is kinda stiff so going over a rough road is like being in a go-cart. Acceleration is excellent since its lightweight, that is until about 80mph. After that waiting for it to go over a hundred feels like waiting for an elevator to show up. 150 is top speed. Acceleration is good (to 80) but its not a Viper. Corners great with the rear wide fat tires, feels like I'm glued to the pavement.

Hehe, daily driver. When I bought it I was hoping to make it my daily driver but its not a practical car. It doesnt even really have a trunk. It's more like a 'boot'. It will fit a slender suitcase but nothing big. Got two other people to drive somewhere? Not a chance. I bought a Dodge ram to supliment it and be the daily driver. I loved the cummins engine. I sold that before I went overseas for 3 months. I came back and bought the H1 to replace the ram.

I have to say the H1 is the best money I ever spent. Even the high maintenance is worth it.
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 02 May , 2008 6:47 am

Sweet ....

yet ... "I think" the High maintenance cloud over the H1 is a misconception.

Its more like Preventive maintenance.

Most of the H1's running the roads are pushing 8+ years old and have had very little done to them "including a front end aliment" ...

So they are bullet proof in the maintenance department.

Its owners like us that are doing TONS of preventive maintenance, so our H1 will last another 8+ dependable, trouble free years..... and still look new out of the box.

"YEAH BABY"
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri 02 May , 2008 8:27 am

Hi H1sp

True, the maintenance schedule is preventative maintenance. Which the H1 could shrug off if it had to.

I suppose most of my maintenance costs in the past year are from heavy use. Things like getting new tires or the labor to replace brake pads get to be costly. I also had to have my transmission rebuilt :shock: . The belt that the servo switches to for reverse had slipped off. That wasn't cheap, for sure. I suspect I may have damaged it trying to back up uphill offroad while hauling a heavy load. So those type things come more from heavy duty use and not so much from just normal cruising.
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Tue 05 Aug , 2008 12:28 pm

2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

FunnerHummer

Post by FunnerHummer » Tue 05 Aug , 2008 8:22 pm

I like the look of a purple Prowler, but I saw a yellow one with a matching trailer in Colorado once that was sweet!

Where was the sand you found to run in Iowa?

Nice truck! Keep your windows shut and soft top zipped... keep out the critters! :lol:
Keith
Latter Day American - a dieing breed
97.5 HMCS
Hard Core Skid Guards
2WD
2" Lift
Cepek Adjustable Shocks
SMA2 Brushguard
Rhino Lift
HID head lamps & OffRoad lights
ScanGaugeII
Desert COOL KIT
Head Cooling Kit
Centuri Pre-Cleaner
M101

Karl

Re: h1sp asked

Post by Karl » Thu 14 Aug , 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks FunnerHummer.

Purple on a prowler does look very good. I'm thinking thats why the original color was purple. Its a show car color (I think) as most production cars don't come in purple.

The sand pit in Iowa is next to a town called Sibley. Sibley is about an hour south of Souix Falls. Deep fishing hole there too.

Haha, I learned my lesson about the critters. Although I just got a bunch of spiders hauling stuff that had been in storage 2 years last week.
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

JohnnyRotten
hummer_info: test

Re:

Post by JohnnyRotten » Fri 10 Apr , 2009 3:56 pm

Karl wrote:My other vehicle.
Talk about small world, I drove up to you in Bilo's supermarket 4-5 yrs ago, you were driving your Prowler, I was in blue tahoe, you probably thought I was a syko when I told you I had a Black 99 Prowler :roll: , anyways fast forward a few yrs I start seeing a blue open top in town, of coarse everytime I see you I'm in my F150, I didn't want to chase you down again...
What are the odds our small town ruffly 20,000, two idividuals having the exact same rides!
Have you seen a Yellow HMCO in town, if so that's me... 8)
John G
2003 HMCO

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri 10 Apr , 2009 9:08 pm

Haha, I remember you. Didn't you say you had a Borla exhaust? I remember a different name than John though, of course that was back when Bi/Lo was still in town. Ive seen a yellow wagon but that was long ago and an older model. I think I do remember seeing a yellow HMCO driving by one of the Mexican restaurants.
JohnnyRotten wrote:What are the odds our small town ruffly 20,000, two idividuals having the exact same rides!
Very Unusual. I'm thinking we like rare cars.

I've been having to drive the Prowler because of trouble with overdrive failing on the Hummer. If you see me in town again feel free to get my attention John. Sorry if I didn't notice before Ive been pre-occupied.

Wow thats pretty cool you made the connection. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri 10 Apr , 2009 9:37 pm

John, could post pictures of your H1 in 'Pictures of your rig?'
It would be great to see it. Wow, 2003 I bet it looks like you just bought it.
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

JohnnyRotten

Post by JohnnyRotten » Sat 11 Apr , 2009 9:46 am

Karl wrote:Haha, I remember you. Didn't you say you had a Borla exhaust? Yes it does, with a few other mods.I remember a different name than John though, of course that was back when Bi/Lo was still in town. Ive seen a yellow wagon but that was long ago and an older model. A doctor in town owns that, he just lost his contact at the hosiptal and now he's moving back to Paris Tn.I think I do remember seeing a yellow HMCO driving by one of the Mexican restaurants. That's me, I luv mexican beer and taco's
JohnnyRotten wrote:What are the odds our small town ruffly 20,000, two idividuals having the exact same rides!
Very Unusual. I'm thinking we like rare cars. Your probably right, I've been eying a Viper for sometime but I really like the Challenger SRT8 but the economy and my wife say NO

I've been having to drive the Prowler ( My wife seen a siliver prowler in town last week, I assumed it was you) because of trouble with overdrive failing on the Hummer. If you see me in town again feel free to get my attention John. Sorry if I didn't notice before Ive been pre-occupied.

Wow thats pretty cool you made the connection. Your signature "Tennessee" caught my attn, then I search your posts and seen your truck's license plate, then I saw your prowler and said there's no F"in" way. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I think I know where you work, I'm going to ask a relitive tomorrow to confirm my hunch.
Last edited by JohnnyRotten on Sat 11 Apr , 2009 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John G
2003 HMCO

JohnnyRotten

Post by JohnnyRotten » Sat 11 Apr , 2009 9:55 am

Karl wrote:John, could post pictures of your H1 in 'Pictures of your rig?'
It would be great to see it. Wow, 2003 I bet it looks like you just bought it.
I've tried a couple times, there to big, when I resize them to accomidate this fourms size limits then there to small, I'll figure it out someday.
:x

Anyways I bought my truck in Jan 06 from Lynch Hummer it had 11k miles today it has 27k.
John G
2003 HMCO

Karl

Post by Karl » Mon 13 Apr , 2009 2:05 pm

Hi John

I was having trouble with that too. My Images would be too large. I found that I could upload the pictures by clicking the 'upload attachment' tab on a post. Just resize your pictures and upload them to a post. Thats what I did last time the picture was too big.

27k miles thats not much, must not be your daily driver. I bet lynch gave you some nice accessories.

A Viper would be great to have. I'd say what h1sp says, just start saving up and it will be in your driveway before you know it. What color would you get? Bad economy can be in your favor too, people are more desperate to sell.

Many people ask why I didn't get a Viper when they see the Prowler. I don't have many places I can drive over 80mph legally, Ive had enough speeding tickets, haha. I also like the look of the Prowler, it just looks very different. If you were far away you could mistake a Viper for a Corvette. But a Prowler....

Ive seen two other Prowlers in town. One I think was yours parked at the high school once, black? I forgot the color of the other. The only other silver one I've seen was in Cookeville. Seems like I see more in Tennessee than anywhere else, but of course I live here.

I have a coffee county plate and didn't blur it for the post, throwing caution to the wind. I figure if someone wants to find me or steal my identity bad enough they will do it whether or not I hide my tag.

You do know where I work! Didn't you say your'e kin to someone that works here?
2001 HMCO Ocean Blue

JohnnyRotten

Post by JohnnyRotten » Wed 15 Apr , 2009 7:26 pm

Karl wrote:Hi John

I was having trouble with that too. My Images would be too large. I found that I could upload the pictures by clicking the 'upload attachment' tab on a post. Just resize your pictures and upload them to a post. Thats what I did last time the picture was too big.

27k miles thats not much, must not be your daily driver. I bet lynch gave you some nice accessories. (yah 2 tee shirts and a hat)
A Viper would be great to have. I'd say what h1sp says, just start saving up and it will be in your driveway before you know it. What color would you get? Bad economy can be in your favor too, people are more desperate to sell.

Many people ask why I didn't get a Viper when they see the Prowler. I don't have many places I can drive over 80mph legally, Ive had enough speeding tickets, haha. I also like the look of the Prowler, it just looks very different. If you were far away you could mistake a Viper for a Corvette. But a Prowler....

Ive seen two other Prowlers in town. One I think was yours parked at the high school once, black? (that was me, my daughter goes there) I forgot the color of the other. The only other silver one I've seen was in Cookeville. Seems like I see more in Tennessee than anywhere else, but of course I live here. ( there's another black one in Winchester but I haven't seen it in awhile, are you a member? http://www.prowleronline.com/ )

I have a coffee county plate and didn't blur it for the post, throwing caution to the wind. I figure if someone wants to find me or steal my identity bad enough they will do it whether or not I hide my tag. (I show mine off, see attachment)

You do know where I work! (yes) Didn't you say your'e kin to someone that works here? (yes, he moved from Switzerland, hint)
Attachments
BLT4WAR_01.JPG
John G
2003 HMCO

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Thu 16 Apr , 2009 7:46 am

Now thats "HOT"
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57