H3 Truck

Everything H2 and H3 related
Post Reply
User avatar
h1sp
Posts: 2038
Joined: Fri 09 Feb , 2007 1:39 pm
Location: TEXAS

H3 Truck

Post by h1sp » Wed 06 Aug , 2008 10:58 am

The H3T looks Good with this slantback top.

So... GM is going to push the H3 sales?

http://www.westcoaster.ca/modules/AMS/a ... oryid=4754
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

User avatar
FunnerHummer
Posts: 932
Joined: Sun 21 Jan , 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Hottest place to OFF ROAD! Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by FunnerHummer » Wed 06 Aug , 2008 11:48 am

Wow! Imagine how popular the H3 would have been if they released that at the onset! In today's political and economic environment, I doubt anybody will take notice.
Keith
Latter Day American - a dieing breed
97.5 HMCS
Hard Core Skid Guards
2WD
2" Lift
Cepek Adjustable Shocks
SMA2 Brushguard
Rhino Lift
HID head lamps & OffRoad lights
ScanGaugeII
Desert COOL KIT
Head Cooling Kit
Centuri Pre-Cleaner
M101

User avatar
Bellvis
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed 18 Jun , 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Bellvis » Wed 06 Aug , 2008 2:43 pm

I personally think its fugly because the bed is to long. I do loooove the slantback though.

They should shorten it up to a normal H3 size or maybe just a little longer, just my opinion.

User avatar
FunnerHummer
Posts: 932
Joined: Sun 21 Jan , 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Hottest place to OFF ROAD! Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by FunnerHummer » Wed 06 Aug , 2008 2:56 pm

Bellvis wrote:I personally think its fugly because the bed is to long. I do loooove the slantback though.

They should shorten it up to a normal H3 size or maybe just a little longer, just my opinion.
I don't see why you think so. Whether H1, H2 or H3... the different Hummers are all the same length. Slantbacks are just the top modification for the cargo area.
Keith
Latter Day American - a dieing breed
97.5 HMCS
Hard Core Skid Guards
2WD
2" Lift
Cepek Adjustable Shocks
SMA2 Brushguard
Rhino Lift
HID head lamps & OffRoad lights
ScanGaugeII
Desert COOL KIT
Head Cooling Kit
Centuri Pre-Cleaner
M101

User avatar
Bellvis
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed 18 Jun , 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Bellvis » Thu 07 Aug , 2008 12:01 pm

FunnerHummer wrote:
Bellvis wrote:I personally think its fugly because the bed is to long. I do loooove the slantback though.

They should shorten it up to a normal H3 size or maybe just a little longer, just my opinion.
I don't see why you think so. Whether H1, H2 or H3... the different Hummers are all the same length.
Same length...?
The H3's wheelbase is 111.9 inches.
The H3T's wheelbase is 134.2 inches.

Difference of 22.3 inches making it almost 2 feet longer then a H3 suv.

In my opinion, its to long and looks funny. They should have kept it the same or just added a few more inches.

User avatar
h1sp
Posts: 2038
Joined: Fri 09 Feb , 2007 1:39 pm
Location: TEXAS

Post by h1sp » Thu 07 Aug , 2008 12:51 pm

Bellvis wrote:
FunnerHummer wrote:
Bellvis wrote:I personally think its fugly because the bed is to long. I do loooove the slantback though.

They should shorten it up to a normal H3 size or maybe just a little longer, just my opinion.
I don't see why you think so. Whether H1, H2 or H3... the different Hummers are all the same length.
Same length...?
The H3's wheelbase is 111.9 inches.
The H3T's wheelbase is 134.2 inches.

Difference of 22.3 inches making it almost 2 feet longer then a H3 suv.

In my opinion, its to long and looks funny. They should have kept it the same or just added a few more inches.
Good find ... i thought it looked longer, but never checked it out.
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

User avatar
chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 9:50 pm
hummer_info: 1998 H1
Location: Denver
Contact:

Post by chuck » Thu 07 Aug , 2008 3:07 pm

I don't know the actual length of the trucks but wheel base is the distance between the front and rear axle. There is more overhang on the H2 and H3 then the H1. My guess is that they are probably very close in actual length.
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store

User avatar
FunnerHummer
Posts: 932
Joined: Sun 21 Jan , 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Hottest place to OFF ROAD! Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by FunnerHummer » Thu 07 Aug , 2008 5:04 pm

Bellvis wrote: Same length...?
The H3's wheelbase is 111.9 inches.
The H3T's wheelbase is 134.2 inches.
THAT.... I did not know!
:shock:

Still, it looks OK to me. I would buy it.
Keith
Latter Day American - a dieing breed
97.5 HMCS
Hard Core Skid Guards
2WD
2" Lift
Cepek Adjustable Shocks
SMA2 Brushguard
Rhino Lift
HID head lamps & OffRoad lights
ScanGaugeII
Desert COOL KIT
Head Cooling Kit
Centuri Pre-Cleaner
M101

User avatar
Bellvis
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed 18 Jun , 2008 1:07 pm

Re:

Post by Bellvis » Fri 08 Aug , 2008 10:35 am

FunnerHummer wrote: Still, it looks OK to me. I would buy it.
I would buy this guy in a second.... Wish they would produce these ones.
Image

The break over angles are just shot on this guy. I will just have to wait and see one in person or one outfitted with off-road gear.
Image

I guess this is what a H3 Truck would look like if they kept it the same size as the H3 SUV. :?
Image

User avatar
h1sp
Posts: 2038
Joined: Fri 09 Feb , 2007 1:39 pm
Location: TEXAS

Re: H3 Truck

Post by h1sp » Fri 08 Aug , 2008 2:07 pm

man-o-man, i have been seeing a ton of H3's runnin the roads.
Guess sales are up for the H3.

some all fixed up look like a tonka toy :mrgreen:
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

User avatar
chuck
Site Admin
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 9:50 pm
hummer_info: 1998 H1
Location: Denver
Contact:

Re: H3 Truck

Post by chuck » Sun 10 Aug , 2008 7:09 am

There was a blurb in the Chicago Tribune about the H3 this morning.
They said that the H3 pickup will be $30,750 due in the fall.
15 Years ownership
98 TD Wagon
95 Gas Wagon
96 TD Wagon
A GT Cepek Dealer
Visit the Store

msaeed88
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat 14 Sep , 2013 2:57 am
hummer_info: H3 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: H3 Truck

Post by msaeed88 » Mon 16 Sep , 2013 1:10 am

Hi Folks!

I love H3 truck for its beautiful shape and style.

Post Reply