GM opens H3 plant for special order

Everything H2 and H3 related
h1sp

GM opens H3 plant for special order

Post by h1sp » Tue 09 Mar , 2010 1:47 pm

HUMMER Plant Coming Back Online to Fill 849-Unit Fleet Order
Even though HUMMER’s future is in doubt right now, that didn’t stop one fleet company from ordering 849 HUMMERs to be built at Shreveport’s H3/H3T production plant.

GM wouldn’t release any info on who the mystery fleet company is, but rental-car companies are often top of mind with large, factory-direct orders.

GM had previously shut down production of all HUMMERs at the Shreveport plant in January, but will bring the plant back online between April 12th and May 13th to fill the request.

HUMMER production will not affect Canyon or Colorado production which shares the Shreveport Assembly and Stamping facility.
According to GM, the production announcement is unrelated to the sale of the HUMMER brand or the continuation of the wind-down process in which it is continuing to consider proposals for HUMMER.

It does, however, show that there is still demand for HUMMERs, even with the brand’s future in doubt.

Source: GM
Hummerguy has some great news
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

diyhumm
hummer_info: Research Stage

Re: GM opens H3 plant for special order

Post by diyhumm » Mon 22 Mar , 2010 10:47 pm

Am I the only one who was really looking forward to the H4 being produced?

That's the thing that bums me out the most. The H4 looked really awesome and competitive with the FJ and Jeep Wrangler (both of which I love).

Poor Hummer, the victim of a smear campaign. I tell you what, I've driven a few Jeeps in my day and those things were in no way fuel efficent or environmentally friendly.

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Tue 23 Mar , 2010 7:12 am

diyhumm wrote:Am I the only one who was really looking forward to the H4 being produced?

That's the thing that bums me out the most. The H4 looked really awesome and competitive with the FJ and Jeep Wrangler (both of which I love).

Poor Hummer, the victim of a smear campaign. I tell you what, I've driven a few Jeeps in my day and those things were in no way fuel efficent or environmentally friendly.
agreed.
The H4 would ad some FUN back into driving

Love the Jeeps, but yep .. after adding 35's the MPG fell off the charts :mrgreen:
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

aleezysam
hummer_info: 2011

Post by aleezysam » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 9:38 pm

So, I am at the dealer where I purchased vehicle and he is trying to order the same wheel to replace it.
He says it is a polished aluminum wheel, but that GM parts dept says they can not supply the same polished aluminum wheel but rather all they can supply is a polished chrome wheel.
tan leather jacket tan leather jacket
hr certification hr certification