H2 heater problem / Blend door?

Everything H2 and H3 related
cmccloud

H2 heater problem / Blend door?

Post by cmccloud » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 9:05 am

I have no heat on driver side...but heat on passenger side...think its the temperature blend actuator behind climate control panel below the dash...any way to fix or test theory?? Has anyone experinced this same problem..?? Thanks

h1sp

Re: H2 heater problem / Blend door?

Post by h1sp » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 9:36 am

cmccloud wrote:I have no heat on driver side...but heat on passenger side...think its the temperature blend actuator behind climate control panel below the dash...any way to fix or test theory?? Has anyone experinced this same problem..?? Thanks
I don't think the systems has a self diagnostics.

But I would plug in a OBDII just incase.

Before you start to remove the dash panel to gain access to these actuators

Try:
1. Pushing the Recirc button

2. Think, Think, Think about "any work" that has been performed recently under the dash. Any "radio and alarm installations"??

3. Eliminate blown fuse or broken Vacuum line (by simple checking, following leads, relays etc...)

4. With the windows rolled up, key on and blower motor disconnected, try running the actuator through its range. If you hear clicking or popping noises, the actuator gears may be stripped..... if you don't hear anything.... you may NOT have to pull the dash access panels... look for Vacuum lines and or failed relays.

Hope this helps
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

cmccloud

Post by cmccloud » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the suggestions...I'll give it a try....everyone I've talked to says the doors run past normal range and become stuck...and they are not usually able to be placed back into the normal range...only other wierd happenings that I think may be causing some problems are a leak in one of the front roof trim lights that dump water onto the passenger side floor big time in pouring rain while truck sits in driveway and the loss all of a sudden of my sprayers for windshieldwasher fluid...front and rear...I sealed the light one time with silicone and that stopped it for a while...but after any power washing I think the seal gets broken...

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 9:52 am

post the year of your H2.

do you hear the window sprayer motor running, any clicking???

could be somthing that got wet due to your leak causing all of this.

LOOK, LOOK, LOOK
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57

cmccloud

Post by cmccloud » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 10:03 am

It's a 2003...It crossed my mind when the heater problem came up that maybe the water had caused a short and it also messed up the WW sprayers...but haven't followed up on that...The leak is a known problem at the dealer with those running lights...it runs down the roof post on the passenger side and to the floor and sits there....there is no noise at all when you try to spray fluid....it's probaly motor or fuse...

I see we have similar taste in cars...only yours are nicer!!!

2003 H2
1999 Boxster
2001 ML320

h1sp

Post by h1sp » Fri 08 Feb , 2008 12:36 pm

Nicer ..Naaa..

I like the "Benz" ... but no room in the garage.

We have to have one of each ..... drive one on a different day of the week = LIFE

looks like we both need to pick up a "R1" ... "vrrrooom vroom"

Love the Boxster ... one of my fav's.... its got it ALL at a lower price tag.

let us know what you find out on the H2
2000 HMC4
"Candy Apple RED"
Stock with Run Flats
1 of 57